Sunday, October 01, 2006

Book Meme: Razib Ahmed

This is a part of book meme. Simran has tagged me earlier this week and I was too busy to finish it in time. However, I am happy to participate in it. I am perhaps an avid reader and I read books, newspapers, websites all the time.

1. One book that changed your life?

A very difficult question. For me, it is 3-4 books. However, if I have to pick up one then I would select Keep the Aspidistra Flying of George Orwell.


2. One book you have read more than once?

A Christmas Carrol by Charles Dickens. I have read it more than 100 times.

3. One book you would want on a desert island?

Since in a desest island, I will be in a miserable condition, I think that I would like to take the Quran, the holy book of the Muslims. This way, I can have some hope alth0ugh I am not so religious.

4. One book that made you cry?

Romeo and Juliet of William Shakespeare.

5. One book that made you laugh?

Stories of Pagla Dashu (Crazy Dashu) by Sukumar Ray.

6. One book you wish had been written?

The story of my life. I know that it will be an amazing book.

7. One book you wish had never been written?

I never felt about any book this way.

8. One book you are currently reading?

Aporajito (Unvanquished- Sequel to "Pather Panchali"). I have been reading it for the last 15 years time and again.

9. One book you have been meaning to read?

The complete works of William Wordsworth. He is my most favorite poet but I have not read his all poems.

I have tagged Biplob and Mehdi- my two students and hopefully they will be quicker than me.

1 comment:

  1. Great answers Razib! Thanks for playing.

    Simi

    ReplyDelete